Many factors can influence the wear and tear of jewellery. You should take the same care of your jewellery as you would your favourite piece of clothing. Here are some important tips to help you keep your jewellery looking its best so that you can enjoy wearing it for years.
- Remove jewellery when you shower or bathe and particularly when on the beach, in the sea and in chlorinated water.
- Avoid spraying perfume or applying creams directly onto your jewellery.
- If your jewellery becomes tarnished the best way to clean it is with a jewellery polishing cloth or a soft lint free cloth.
- Keep delicate chains untangled by hanging them or laying flat when storing.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and mild soap in order to restore the sparkle of your stones. Gently pat dry.
- Avoid wearing while cleaning, gardening or performing sports activities.